Updating Your Information

When there are changes in your life such as your name, address, or marital status, it is important to let us know in order to avoid unwanted delays in the future. Keeping us updated on any changes in your life helps to ensure:

  • Timely processing of your file in the case of death before retirement.
  • The retirement application process is more efficient, with less information to confirm and fewer documents to provide.
  • The pension estimates you run are using the correct age and gender of your pension partner.

You can make changes to your information by contacting us or using the Secure Mailbox at mypensionplan.ca. The Secure Mailbox allows you to update your information, submit online requests, or send copies of documentation related to your pension.

Name Change

If you change your name for any reason, such as after marriage or divorce, it is important to let us know.

Address Change

If your home address or phone number changes, please log into your mypensionplan.ca account to make those changes or contact us.

Moving to a New Province or Country

If you are receiving a PSPP pension and move to another province or away from Canada, there is specific information that you need to know.

Relationship Changes

A pension partner is someone you:

  • are married to and not living separate or apart from for three or more years;
  • have lived with in a spouse-like relationship for three or more years; or
  • have lived with for less than three years but have a child with, either by birth or adoption.

If you marry, separate or divorce, or if your spouse or partner passes away, let us know right away so we can update your information.

You should also occasionally review who you have named as the beneficiary of your PSPP pension benefits.