If you move after retirement, please update your personal information online in Your Pension Profile.

How You Receive Your PSPP Pension

If you have a Canadian bank account, you can receive your pension through direct deposit no matter where you live. Using direct deposit is convenient and means that postal disruptions will not affect when you receive your monthly pension payment. There is also no risk of mail theft.

If you do not have a Canadian bank account, you will receive your monthly pension via cheque mailed to your home address. This cheque will be in Canadian dollars.

Income Tax Considerations

The income tax deducted from your pension varies based on government requirements and what information you have provided, especially the Canadian province, territory, or country in which you reside. Your provincial or out-of-country tax rate will be adjusted as needed.

If You Live or Intend to Live Outside of Canada

Many countries have tax agreements with the Government of Canada, which means your income may be taxed at a different rate. You can find a listing of these agreements and tax rates on the Government of Canada's Benefits for Canadians Living Abroad page.

If the country you are moving to or live in does not have a tax treaty with Canada, your PSPP pension will be taxed at a standard 25% rate.

You will receive an NR4 instead of a T4A for tax purposes.

More on Income Taxes